We were driving the other night, just talking, the three of us, and as I put some Burt's Bees on my wintery lips and added a dab to Ruby's lip to make her smile, I casually mentioned to Matt that I had recently done the exact same thing but instead of Burt's Bees landing on Ruby's lip, it landed on her tongue. Which caused me to wonder if there was a warning label on the Burt's Bees saying to contact poison control if this product was accidentally ingested. But instead of looking for such a label, which would be too sensible, I proceeded to put a dab on my tongue as well to make sure that my daughter was going to be OK. I am not sure where the logic was in this, but even as I type it, I realize that I would do the same thing again. Burt's Bees does taste minty, but not very pleasant in your mouth versus on your mouth, so I wouldn't really recommend trying this. Matt had a good laugh over this, and told me that I should be telling you about this incident in our blog. So I laughed and told him I would. All that to say, I still don't really know what my purpose is in blogging. Some people blog to help them remember things - I think this is a great reason to blog. And some blog to keep friends and family updated. And probably lots of other reasons too. But I am not sure why I blog. And I think more than anything, in a way that I am having trouble explaining, I am feeling like I need to follow this advice from John Eldredge - "You have one life to live, it would be best to live your own."
Thursday, February 2, 2012
All quiet on this front....
Well sort of, Ruby is talking herself to sleep... or squawking. I think two blog posts in one week last time just did me in:) so maybe that is to explain for the hiatus.... Whatever it may be, just felt like I needed to be quiet for awhile. We are still hoping for our house to be ready in the not-so-distant future to go on the market. Which in its current state after a half morning of playing hard seems fairly unreal. Its been somewhat sleepless around here too - for some reason, I am up for two or three hours at night. And when one of us is up, it seems like everybody joins in. I was thinking about some of the things that I would miss about this house if we move, including watching my husband tip toe like a spy or ballerina (I wanted to just write "ballerina" but thought he would appreciate the inclusion of something a little more manly like a "spy") across our creaky-in-every-spot wood floors at night so as not to wake Ruby - it is an art, my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you blog! I love reading your thoughts. Mmmm Burts Bees. Tasty! :)
ReplyDeletemaybe you blog for all those reasons at the same time. we all do.
ReplyDeleteyay for baby number 2!!! :-)
ReplyDelete