Thursday, January 5, 2012

4 years

(Photo courtesy of Jami Nato - thenatos.blogspot.com

4 years ago, the weather was not unlike today (not quite as warm, but then again I was wearing a strapless dress). I was in between semesters of my 2nd year of PT school. I had known Matt for a little over 14 months. We had dated for 6 of those months, before being engaged for 4 months. We said "I do."

On the side of our fridge hangs a quote by Leo Tolstoy: "The goal of our life should not be to find joy in marriage, but to bring more love and truth into the world. We marry to assist each other in this task."

I am privileged to be around people every week who have celebrated 50, 60, even 70 years of marriage. When I think of 4 years, it seems so insignificant in comparison. But it is not. It is very significant. Thank you, Matt, for this gift!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy anniversary! The Kautzis are so thrilled we get to do life with you guys. Those photos capture you perfectly. :)

    here's to 70 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!!

    You had a beautiful wedding, and I love your beautiful marriage!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete