The little girl will be waking up soon because her naps are short because her ears have been hurting her because of an ear infection. It's funny how those words were somewhat meaningless to me, or at least I was pretty clueless about their impact, until this weekend when they took over our household....
So, I will very quickly tell you what I have been thinking about a lot. I believe that sometimes there are parts of the Bible, verses, or even words, that take on more significance to each of us, and that this is one of the ways God can speak to us. So, some words that I have been thinking about for awhile now, I finally took the chance to look up -
From Hosea 12:6a Message version,
"What are you waiting for?"
From Acts 22:16a Message version,
"What are you waiting for? Get up...."
From Luke 5:25, Message version, when the paralytic is told to get up -
"Without a moment's hesitation, he did it - got up, took his blanket, and left for home, giving glory to God all the way"
From Romans 8 Message version,
"Get on with your new life"
And to me, when I think about "What are you waiting for?" it reminds me how often I stop myself from doing something because of fear. A silly example - but I am wanting to make this (but maybe a little more fallish)...
And I am scared to, since I am not really a crafter. Since I don't own a hot glue gun:) (Pretty easily remedied I think!) Typing it makes it seem even a little more silly, but I think this is just one example in my life. What else am I not doing out of fear? A friend pointed out last week that it might be helpful to ask myself, "What is the worst that could happen?" When I added corn to the soup last night because I hadn't made enough chicken (I don't like not following recipes or improvising....) - you know what, it actually turned out fine. If I say hi to my neighbor that I am intimidated to talk to, what is the worst that could happen? She looks at me blankly? She doesn't say hi back? What would happen if I stopped hitting the brakes on life all the time?
So in small ways, I am trying to start fighting the urge to let fear be in control. I am adding corn to the soup. I am going to buy a hot glue gun. And I am hoping that this will translate into bigger things. Kind of become a habit. Maybe open the door to adventure, possibility and most important to me, seeing God at work? The rest of Romans 8 in the message says "There are things to do and places to go!" Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment