- Ruby's occupational therapy appointment went well. We are on the right track from that standpoint. Still continue to work on figuring out this whole solid food thing for my daughter. And feel pretty clueless at times. But I thank God that Ruby likes Stonyfield Organic Vanilla Whole Fat yogurt. It is the little victories..... Also, her favorite activity right now is cruising around on the furniture, albeit a little unsteadily, and it's pretty darn cute.
- My husband is a treasure. Or a rock star. Or many other nice things I should say about him. He spent 11 hours outside on a Saturday two weeks ago to paint our house. In 90+ degree weather. And did not complain to me. And last night when my snoring (I only snore infrequently, when I am very very tired:) kept him from sleeping, he did not poke me until I woke up (which is what I do to him). I think he tried to wake me, and was unsuccessful because I was sleeping so hard. He simply moved out to the couch to try to get some sleep, poor guy. He allowed me to spend much time and energy preparing for a friend's baby shower this weekend, while he watched the little one. And my favorite thing about him these days, is that he helps me along - by this I mean, that when the comments I am making, or the things I am dwelling on, or the spinning in place starts happening, he gives me that little boost to move on. Sometimes I do not welcome it at the time. But I am so very thankful he loves me enough to do it.
- And lastly, for today, wanted to share about our friends' new adventure: our friends are adopting from Ethiopia and need to raise another $625 in the next week to reach their first goal. They're doing a fundraiser here - http://babykautzi.blogspot.
com/2011/07/puzzle-fundraiser- - sponsor a puzzle piece for $10 and help bring their small one home!" We love them, and we love their hearts, and we love that once a week Ruby gets to spend the day with Kelsey and Lila while I work, we are so very thankful for the Kautzis.because-were-cool.html
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Summer so far....
I have been procrastinating blogging. Because the longer I go between posts, the more it overwhelms me to think about what to say. Do I summarize the last month? Or just say what is most relevant to me today? Do I include pictures? Since when did blogging become something to which feelings of obligation, or guilt, or duty were attached? So, since I have a little time while the Rubster sleeps, I felt like what I could handle today was bulleting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
more blogging. more!
ReplyDelete