Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not your run of the mill gravy

I didn't think I would be using this when Kathleen showed it to me tonight. But...this warrants a post. So tomorrow (5am actually) I will be getting up for our annual Kearney trip. For this trip Ian and I are in charge of breakfast. I love biscuits and grazy, love it. Probably could eat for every meal for a week and still eat more. Well, I'm sure you see where this is going. Apparently, Tiki and I have something in common for our love for gravy. I've been cooking up a storm tonight, getting ready for the Kearney trip as well as a party with Kathleen's coworkers on Sunday. I'm all done, except in my getting ready, I realized that I left my most delicious gravy on the stairs while I grabbed some salt and pepper. Not sure why I put it there, probably trying to multitask one too many things. So of course puppy decides, "I should knock this dang thing over so I can get to what's inside"...and she succeeds. Fortunately, I was able to grab it before too much spilled out. Was I angry with her, yes. Was it her fault, definitely not. Just doing what dogs do best, find food, then figure out how to eat. Did I let her eat it, well not all of it, but it was just too good to go to waste. Sorry Kearney boyz, we may be a bit short, luckily I make everything in absurd quantities. Totsch.
ps - thanks to mildred anderson for the best B&G recipe ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment