I have debated for awhile now whether or not new ownership of a dog merited a blog. As Matt and I have shared stories about our new little friend, I have felt slightly suspicious that perhaps our dog's quirks have not been fully appreciated by others. This weekend, when our dog leaped across our coffee table AND the candle that was lit on it, to land squarely between our good friends Crystal and Natalie on the couch, the comment was made that she is indeed a "spaz." That being said, I have felt the freedom and right to share with you the stories and lessons this canine has brought to our lives - this canine who loves to lick, shed, eat wood chips and can now "roll over" thanks to the efforts of Matt Totsch.
Matt and I believe that in her own way perhaps Tiki is preparing us for future parenthood. She certainly has upped the level of communication for us; we also have enjoyed the fact that sometimes her antics have actually been a blessing in disguise - like when we have to go over to apologize to the neighbors for her running into their garage to harass their dog. It creates an opportunity to get to know people better that we might not have ordinarily had.
We did not know what we were getting into when we adopted her..... I often say that some days I like her, others I don't - we believe that if she does not get herself run over by running down the middle of Roe like she did when her leash broke, we will grow to love her with time. I asked Matt last night if he thought that she was the first of many Totsch dogs, or the first and only, and all we could decide is that we will have to see....
Once again, I commend you on your decision to add a canine member to your family and Kels and I were delighted to be a part of the search. Excellent choice- despite the days you don't like her, she's the first one (of many?) and she'll always have that over future dogs. As great as Franny is and as much as we love her, she's still not Maddie. Good thing she can't read.
ReplyDeletethis will be fun-to read all of my granddog's antics on line! I wonder--will there be a cooking with Tiki coming--reminds me of a movie we saw not too long ago. Anyway, I am glad you have Tiki-she's obviously trying to please(except when she forgets when more important events come up-like running free and eating gravy.
ReplyDelete