Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rita Springer

I have thought about posting, started a post, stopped, and here I am - my monthly post:) is overdue (I don't intend for it to be monthly, just how it's going right now).

Ruby is running a fever. And as I am starting to learn - I can't think of much else today. She is sleeping again right now, so I am blogging in order to feel some semblance of attachment to the world. To take my mind off all the "what ifs." To try to refocus a little I guess.

I have been reading this little devotional this spring called, "Jesus Calling." Sarah Young wrote today that we are to trust God in all our circumstances. Maybe a broken record in my life, but I fight this call daily. I was thinking about what I am waiting on right now - I am waiting for my daughter's fever to break. I am waiting for someone to want to come look at our house and buy it. (It has been on the market a week at this time). I am waiting for God to help me become less self-centered. And I was reminded of this verse from somewhere in the Bible that I can't remember and am being too lazy to look up, where it says that we are to "trust Him at ALL TIMES" (emphasis mine).

A woman I admire greatly went through an unbelievable week last week. She is on my heart often these days. She wrote something awhile back that challenged me, when she said that she likes to connect the statements in her life with "and" instead of "but." Her way of indicating trust sort of. Like when I could say that "It's my day off, but it's raining outside." Instead I could say "It is my day off, and it's raining outside."

I am so thankful for the words of others today. In a little devotional. In a friend's blog. In a monthly newsletter I read. In this song that I have been thinking about that I tried to include in my post when I started writing it before I stopped. We sing it in church from time to time - have you heard it? I am loving it these days.... and it is worth mentioning that I am loving soy sauce as well, in my no longer nauseous state.

Rita Springer - perfect on a rainy day.



1 comment: