
Well, I am a little early on the Father's Day wishes. But in a rare moment of by-myself-ness, I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to Matt Totsch. I am debating whether what I will say would be better off in a card, what is my need to share this with any one who may be reading? I'm not totally sure. I guess I just want you to know this about him - I want to publicly acknowledge the gift that is my husband and Ruby's dad. Ruby Totsch is blessed with one incredible daddy. He will make her laugh so hard someday that milk will come out of her nose. He will teach her so much, how to correctly drill a hole in a wall (something that her mom does not know how to do and is banned from attempting:) ; he will teach her that spicy food is delicious; he will teach her not to press control-alt-delete on the computer ten times in a row to get it to unfreeze since this accomplishes nothing; he will teach her how to be generous; and one of my favorites is that he will teach her what it looks like to have faith in the goodness of God. I feel like I need to retype that. One of my favorite things about Matt is how he believes that God is faithful and good, and reminds me of those true things. And Matt himself, in trying to live out his beliefs, is teaching Ruby and me what it looks like to be faithful.
This is a favorite moment from the past year - one week old Ruby decides she does not want to go to sleep for what seemed like hours one early early morning (or late late night).... so Matt lets his daughter fall asleep on him, so his wife can get a break. And makes the most of the situation by continuing in his at-the-time ongoing quest to defeat Angry Birds. That's how I would describe you, Matt, you make the most of every situation. Happy Father's Day!
Love,
Wifey
Yay Matt! He is a GREAT daddy!
ReplyDelete