Sunday, January 2, 2011

Little bean

I am sitting here with 1.5 hands typing (1.5 because my sleeping daughter is resting on my left arm leaving me with less movement than normal), watching my husband uninstall our defunct dishwasher - he knows how to do these things - if he doesn't know how to do them, he watches YouTube. He is one gifted man - he has figured out how to rig our infant swing to wall power so that we don't have to use batteries. Take that Fisher Price.

I haven't blogged in a long time - and when I did it used to be about a dog. She has moved on to a better place. Matt being the joker he is told our dog-loving friends that we put her to sleep, but she really just is now living with my in-laws, where she is taken care of extremely well and loved probably more than she deserves.

And now, I will blog about the little person in my arms and what she has meant to us. About what we are learning, about what marriage is like now with her here, and maybe even about what happens when she and Tiki get together. And when Tiki eventually licks her full on in the face which is bound to happen sooner or later but my germ-hating self is hoping can be delayed for as long as possible.

I don't know how frequent my posts will be - seems like friends I have with little ones didn't necessarily get to blog often those first few months. I also don't know if what I say will make sense, or if I will make up words or spell them correctly.... I wish I had a really cool template and lots of pictures up, but that will have to wait for awhile. Because I am learning that my sweet little person being here means I get to adjust my expectations and that certain things aren't as important.

I really want to remember what she and I have spent a lot of time doing these last few months. I write this so that I will remember and be able to tell her, because I am unfortunately forgetting a lot these days, with less sleep and so forth.... but things are already changing, and she is getting bigger, and I will have to start putting her down for her naps before too long. For now, I can sit here and hold her. It's what I've done the last twelve weeks - held her. And prayed. For the little guy who was born a day after Ruby and is getting stronger each day in the NICU - up to 4lbs 9 oz I think now. I've thought of him a lot while I sit here with her. For friends who are seeing their adoption "fail" and continuing to pray for a miracle for them. For my mom who finished her chemo and radiation treatments and for my brother who moved back home to help her. I am so proud of him it hurts.... I don't want to forget what this precious time has been like.

As is true of many things these days, I will end there, with incomplete thoughts because my little bean has woke up, and is ready for my attention. Glad to be back writing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back writing, too! I resisted social networking in general for so long, but blogging has been a much needed place to vent and brag and beg for advice as I have learned how to be a mom. I can't wait to read all about your new life with Ruby. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad you are back. Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your heart Kathleen. Love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete