Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stole the biscuit.....

(For any Eddie Izzard fans out there, you will appreciate my husband's frequent comment to our dog recently..... "Bad dog.... stole a biscuit.")

For awhile now, I have declined any opportunities to watch the movie "Marley and me" because I have heard Matt's brother state that he saw women leaving the movie theater after watching that movie weeping, with mascara running down their faces. Last night, Matt and I sat down to watch "Marley and me." No tears. But an extraordinary thing happened at the Totsch house last night. The movie ended, and we were feeling warm and good inside, looking fondly at our dog Tiki. And Matt said to her, "Come here," and in an unprecedented event, Tiki was allowed to climb up onto the couch and curl up on our laps (Mostly mine, which is why she did not stay up there very long, as 45 lbs of dog is still 45 lbs - I felt like Michael in the latest episode of the Office). I went to sleep thinking, "We actually have a pretty good dog."

And woke up to the reality of our dog throwing up twice during the night. When we have let her in the backyard recently, we have a hard time getting her back inside, despite the cold temperatures. There must be something out there that she considers edible. Oh well - probably no more time up on the couch with us for awhile. Tiki, you were so close.....

1 comment:

  1. I agree with feeling like michael from this weeks office when our dog gets on my lap. And right after we watched "Marley and me" our dog had explosive diarrhea....yah the nostalgia only lasted a moment. =)

    ReplyDelete